Have you ever said to yourself: “There is NO way that I can do this!” ? I sure know that I have. Challenges are well…… Challenging! Have you ever heard the expression “No Pain No Gain”? This is typically heard when we are discussing exercise to strengthen our physical bodies; however, it applies when enhancing our spiritual lives as well.
There have been many times I have felt like Jeremiah. I have doubted myself and thought that what was being asked of me or what I needed to do would be nothing short of impossible. “How am I,” my mind says over and over, “How on earth am I going to do this? “.
In our lives we face many challenges from moving forward in life after the loss of a loved one, making difficult decisions about our children, and many other challenging choices that affect our lives and those associated with us.
Today I want to explore the book of Jeremiah.
Jer. 1:4 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”Jer. 1:6 Then said I: “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”Jer. 1:7 But the LORD said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD. Jer. 1:9 Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. 10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.”
Jeremiah, the prophet, shared many of the same apprehensions most people do. For one reason or another, we consider ourselves not worthy, unable; in other words, we believe we failed before we ever get started. This is such a prevalent issue among people that the “Self Help” business is an 11 BILLION Dollar a year business!
Before you consider yourself unable, remember that you are capable. When God puts you to a task, it is why you were created in the first place. That is the message he was given to Jeremiah.
- Ecclesiastes 5:19 “Moreover, when God gives people wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil – this is a gift of God.” NIV
- Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” NIV
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” NIV
- Luke 10:19 ” I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” NIV
- Deuteronomy 8:18 “But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.” NIV
Have a great week everyone, and be strong in the Lord!